Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Confession

Um, I have a vice. And it comes in the form of transfat, disguised as delicious fast food. It's called McDonalds. I flat out love McDonalds. I do like chocolate, of course, but eating McDonalds literally makes me happy (however, it clashes with my jeans' wish to fit and not be strained around my waist). Man, once I bite into that sodium enriched potato (french fry joy), it's like a part of me relaxes. Or bite that might-not-be-100%-meat quarter pounder with it's ultra-fake American cheese, ah. Bliss. Pure bliss.
I also taking this moment to call out all of those "Oh, I hate McDonalds, I haven't eaten there in years" elitists. Liars! You lie! Everyone loves McDonalds, ya'll just say that because you don't want people to know you get your #2 combos in the drive-thru wearing a black ski mask and then go home, hiding in your guest bedroom closets and eating it ravenously like an animal (sound effects and all). Let me tell you, whenever you say that to me I sneer in disbelief at you in my head and lose a small part of respect for you. Everyone loves McDonalds (except their breakfast menu-barf fest). Everyone. Don't be a hater, you fakers. I won't begrudge you your McDonalds, I will find in you a bosom friend meant to bask in the grease fest right along with me.

5 comments:

Danika said...

You're hysterical! I need to start one of these "unplugged" blogs someday so I can air all my "dirty laundry"!

I'm a McDonald's lover too. I don't even deny it. But my digestive system usually rebels a few hours afterward so I have to control my urges. My kids are thrilled that I like McDonalds because they love the playlands. I have all my favorite McD's mapped out near my house and where I do errands...

Heidi said...

It's the greatest french fry love ever.

Um the breakfast...their biscuits are the best. But nothing with egg on it....

Kara said...

I've actually discovered that their breakfast cinnamon roll thingys are not that bad. (We take our youth group to McD's for breakfast before going to church with them.) I find their egg questionable (but as you pointed out, Abs, its sort of all questionable) but I freaking love their Bacon Egg Cheese Biscuits. Why do they only sell it at certain times?

And Abbey, I'm so sorry that I feed your transfat addiction. I think almost everytime I bring you guys lunch its McD's! :)

hdawgy said...

hahaha I love McDonalds too girl! I love their breakfast too!!!

Smr said...

I love the big mac with extra sauce but minus one meat. I know weird. I also love the fries with hot mustard sauce on them. Oh yes, happiness just may exist in a french fry.