Friday, February 26, 2010

Unable to express

:Definition:
In*ar*tic*u*late:  (adj)
1)  Uttered without the use of normal words or syllables; incomprehensible as speech or language.
2)  Unable to speak with clarity or eloquence
3)  See two examples below

Miss South Carolina 2007





You could definitely slap my image down in Websters as an example as well.  While I fully hope and believe that I posses greater intelligence than the lovely Miss SC, I sound exactly like her when I try and spew thoughts out of my mouth.  Words release themselves out of order, words are missing, I sound completely disjointed.  Think Brian Regan grasping for things in the air crying "words are coming out, words are coming out!"  It's a tough disease to deal with, since in order to have real live friends and not just facebook friends, you have to speak to people.  Most the time I think "yeah, I'm just going to sit this one out", but every once in a while I actually need to voice a thought, and that takes work.  So, apologies to all those who've been forced to listen to me and leave the conversation wondering just what in the hell I was trying to say.  I promise that I did have a fully formed thought and it would've been sincere and lovely sounding, were I not the most inarticulate person alive. 

1 comment:

The Robinson's said...

I still remember watching that girl (Miss SC) on TV. (Yes- for some odd reason I was watching the Miss America pageant.) But don't worry- you are my real live friend- even though we don't talk much- you make me laugh!