Friday, July 31, 2009
There's something wrong here
Maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand the reasoning behind it, but that's beside the point. Someone please tell me why the Internal Revenue Service for the United States of America in the year 2009 does not take payments over the phone??? Ben and I for several reasons, don't get a tax return, and yes it sucks but Uncle Sam doesn't get anymore of our hard earned money than necessary. This year though,we had to pay and since that makes me physically angry-we decided to drag out giving our money to the US (they're in massive debt anyway, my peasly amount of taxes due isn't going to make a difference). So Ben sets up the happy auto-withdrawl and we go on our way. Except not. We get a statement in the mail saying we have to make a payment first and THEN they'll start taking payments out automatically. So I waited 13 minutes to make my payment over the phone and then they tell me "Oh, we don't take payments over the phone. We're stuck in the year 1776 when we first started collecting tax payments, and you have to mail it in". Oh, I get it. So you'd like to make it more difficult for me to pay you money? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a) not sending cash in the mail (dumb) and b) not sending a check in the mail either. I stopped that about 4 years ago to avoid my identity being stolen. So thanks, United States of America. Here's to using the ample technology available. Or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment