Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Track #1
I have another blog, it's shiny and happy and all about my sweet sweet kids and our lil journey through life. Often though, I want to jot down some thoughts that a) have nothing to do with my kids b) are inappropriate or c) are not shiny and happy. I'm not the shiniest or the happiest person, and sometimes that's entertaining too (I hope). This blog might be rated PG-13 (never R, no worries fellow Mormies!) at times though, if you like to stay shiny and happy and just plain excited about life-then don't read! I promise to not hold it against you :) I wanted my blog addy to be rougharoundtheedges, but someone had already taken that-GRRR. I thought I was being so original, plus it describes pretty well how I feel about myself/things. I'm generally excited about life, but there's parts of me that are little tears and black spots around the edges of my facade. Those little tears though are a big part of what defines me and I don't want to leave them out. A journal could serve this purpose too, but what fun is that-no one can comment on it :) Promise I won't be a total Debbie Downer, there'll be fun things too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am reminded of Grey's where Merideth meets Derek's mom and says - I'm not bright and shiny, I'm grey. And that's okay, because she's interesting. And everyone hates perfect people.
I don't know, I like Abbey Unplugged. But I like your explanation of rough around the edges. I think that very accurately describes my life right now too, except my tears are pretty freakin' huge and definitive right now. But I have decided to be honest about them, and grieve publicly because that's just how I have to do it. I like that you have the same attitude! I think that's why I like you so much. :)
Kara I didn't even know that anyone had commented! You have to go in and set it up to get notified. Anyway. I totally can't hold anything in, private person I am not. I need to air my issues and grievances and sorrows, I can't deal with things by myself. I am glad (glad is maybe not the best choice of words) that you are so honest and open about losing Emma, I feel like I can maybe give you more support if I know how you're feeling (that is not as selfish as it sounds!).
Post a Comment